For the first recipe I’m going to share with you, I’ve decided to go for a tasty twist on a Slimming World favourite: a crustless quiche! The original recipe is gorgeous, and you can be really adventurous with different flavours and textures. Or, if we’re being honest with ourselves, just use it to get rid of those week-old vegetables in the salad drawer. Whatever floats your boat.
This time, however, I’ve carefully chosen my favourite combination of butternut squash – because it’s my favourite vegetable in the world, to the point where I probably need to have a little word with myself – and bacon. Because everybody loves bacon.
The only Syns here are in the reduced fat cheddar (I used Aldi’s, which worked out at 12 for the whole 80g), but this recipe would be free if you’re using it as your Healthy Extra A. I served it with a simple low-Syn potato salad and a massive salad – delicious, simple, and so summery!
I hope you love this as much as I do! It’s the first recipe I’ve posted, so please let me know if there’s any extra information you need or if there’s anything I should be doing differently.
Happy cooking! 🙂
Lots of love,
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 4 smoked bacon rashers, chopped with all visible fat removed
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 150g fat free cottage cheese
- 80g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Spray a roasting tin with Frylight and add the diced butternut squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a little more Frylight and roast for 40 minutes, giving the tin a shake halfway through.
- Whilst the squash is roasting, add the bacon and spring onions to a small pan with some Frylight and fry until golden.
- Crack the eggs into a large jug and add the cottage cheese, reduced fat cheddar, and bacon/spring onion mix. Once the butternut squash is cooked, remove from the oven and stir into the mixture.
- Spray a quiche dish with Frylight, and carefully pour in the mixture. Spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.
- Serve with potatoes and a huge side salad for a delicious lunch or dinner!