I absolutely cannot tell you how much I’m loving this beautiful weather! Brighton is at its best in the summer, and what makes it even better is that – since losing so much weight with Slimming World – for the first time I’m actually feeling comfortable enough to wear skirts and shorts without tights underneath. This might not seem like a huge deal, but trust me when I say that it’s one of those little things that makes an absolute world of difference. My legs are finally free!
The one downside of it being lovely and warm outside is that my go-to work lunch, a hot and distinctly wintery syn free soup, is just not cutting it. I feel like if it gets to the stage where you’re actually considering dousing yourself in ice water 3 mouthfuls in, it might be time to make a little change…
So that’s exactly what I’ve done! This delicious roast veg and couscous dish is so quick and easy and can be eaten either hot or cold, making it the perfect dish for a summer lunchtime! It’s totally Syn-free on Extra Easy, and can be customised to include pretty much any vegetables you’ve got on hand.
I hope you love it as much as I do!
Happy cooking 🙂
Lots of love,
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- 2 red onions
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 360g couscous
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Chop and slice all of the vegetables into chunky pieces, then add to a roasting tin and toss with 1 tbsp ground cumin, salt, pepper, and a spritz of Frylight.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, checking halfway through and giving the tin a shake to make sure the vegetables cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, add the tomato puree and remaining cumin to the vegetable stock and stir until dissolved. Pour the hot stock mixture over the dry couscous, and cover for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- When the vegetables are cooked, stir into the couscous until evenly combined.
- Serve as a delicious summery side dish, or with crunchy salad leaves for an easy take-to-work lunch!