Firstly, I’d just like to apologise for taking SIX WHOLE MONTHS to write this blog post. Six! I’m not even sure what I’ve been doing with myself,
really, but you’ll be glad to know that in that time I’ve created and tasted lots of new recipes that I’m so excited to share with you. I’ve also lost over 2.5 stone now, so they must be working a little bit! 🙂 I’ll pop in a cheeky little progress pic above just to prove it…
Anyway, recipe time! Are you one of those people who comes home absolutely starving, and just can’t wait for dinner to be ready? This used to be one of my worst ‘binge’ triggers, and I’d somehow find myself having wolfed down 2 pieces of white bread and a handful of biscuits before the oven was even warm!
Thankfully, even before I started Slimming World, I managed to curb this habit a little bit – but I know that busy lifestyles and eating on the go can spell trouble for a lot of people. And let’s be serious, snacking is the best! The word ‘snacking’ is often accompanied by a disapproving tone and a telling off. But, of course, it isn’t a bad thing at all – you just need to choose wisely, which is why I’ve created this gorgeous recipe that is perfect for both at home and on-the-go snacking. Served with Speedy veggies or spread on your HEXB Ryvitas, it’s a fantastically low-syn (and I mean REALLY low-syn) option that’s ridiculously simple and tastes absolutely delicious!
Happy cooking 🙂
Lots of love,
- 200g peri-peri mackerel (Aldi, 1.5 Syns)
- 5 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
- Remove the skin from the mackerel fillets, and flake into a food processor.
- Add the natural yoghurt and blitz until smooth.
- Check the consistency, and add a little more yoghurt if preferred.
- Serve with chopped veggies for a starter, light lunch, or super low-Syn snack!
- This would also be delicious (and Free!) with smoked salmon or tinned tuna, or you could try other mackerel flavours too. Yum!