I know I’m not alone in my practically soggy bottom-inducing excitement each time Bake Off season rolls around, so I thought I’d indulge you all in one of my favourite things – the UTTER FILTH that, quite frankly, ONLY Britain’s favourite baking show could get away with!
1. “Move your purple ring where I can see it!” – Sue getting assertive in Series 7.
2. “He’s enormous, so I think after doing him 6 times the trick is to keep him small to begin with.” – Series 6 winner Nadiya, discussing her troublesome pastry snake.
3. “Get those lady’s fingers soggy!” – Sue in Series 4, offering up her trifle expertise.
4. “Fill the horn right to the bottom – so that you enjoy it to the last mouthful” – Mary in Series 6, advising contestants on the delicate art of cream piping.
5. “I like the flavour of a cox!” – a fruity revelation by contestant Kate from Series 7.
6. “Oh no, you have some irregular shaped balls” – Mary, who likes a more consistent set of balls.
7. “I’ve never eaten a nun before!” – Sue gets personal in Series 4.
8. “How do you fan your plums?” – Mel in Series 6, asking contestant Alvin the question on everyone’s lips.
9. “You’ve got two hours to pop Mary’s cherry in the oven and bring it out again” – Sue in Series 5, being oh-so-subtle as usual.
10. “I’m going to try the old wiggling between two dangling things technique” – Glenn from Series 4 revealing his sauciest party trick.
Oh GBBO! We love you! Please comment if you’ve got any to add to the list, because they bring me so much joy!